Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jshyluk

Monitor Shuts Off During FSX

Sometimes when using FSX on my Dell XPS Gen 4 the monitor will shut off. The sound of the game continues, but the monitor won't turn back on. I have to reboot to get video back. I have an 8800 GT video card. How can I fix this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The first thing to try is reinstall the video driver.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

>Sometimes when using FSX on my Dell XPS Gen 4 the monitor>will shut off. The sound of the game continues, but the>monitor won't turn back on. I have to reboot to get video>back. I have an 8800 GT video card. How can I fix this?Do you have some active setting for energy saving in your OS that might turn your monitor off?Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

If you double-tap "1" when responding to ATC while in flight, you may have accidentally requested a new IFR flight plan. If you do this, the sim goes black while the Flight Planner loads up. If it takes a significant time for the Flight Planner to load, you will hear aircraft sounds while the screen goes black. Still, it shouldn't take very long for the Flight Planner to load up.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM