Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Restoring default AI alongside World of AI?

Guest andy_g_uk

Hi folks,As usual I've dived right in and installed World of AI and about 20 airline packs. It all seems to work fine but it looks like I've lost all the default GA traffic in the process. Is there an easy way of recovering this so that the smaller airstrips etc. have some traffic?Also, can FSX create its own AI traffic with the AI aircraft that WoAI has installed?Any help much appreciated, I just assumed that the default AI traffic would have remained in operation alongside the WoAI stuff.Thanks,Andy.

Andy,I believe as long as you still have the FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery/trafficAircraft.bgl file, you should still have default AI.Each traffic file will use it's own planes and not co-mingle. That would be sick.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

You need to convert the WOAI .bgls for FSX using "AI Flight Plan Converter" or another program available in the AVSIM library.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Don't use AI Flight Plan Converter - it was never completed - the development and function was taken over by AI Flight Planner by Don Grovestine - it's in the Avsim library.The basic issue is that FSX AI traffic files and FS2004 AI traffic files can only be used at the same time in some very limited circumstances, and very limited traffic levels.You either have to convert all the FS2004 traffic files - the World of AI ones - to FSX standards. AI Flight Planner will to that, individually or in batches.Or you can choose to stay with FS2004 traffic files - not something I recommend. But I have the FSX default GA in FS2004 flight plan format if you want - http://www.flightsim2004-fanatics.com/uplo...A/Def_GA_DL.htm - download the FSX files and place the .BGL files in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder.