Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest jshyluk

Answering ATC instructions

Hi,in FS9 one could answer ATC instructions by clicking a menu item in the ATC window or by pressing the corresponding number key above "qwerty" when the ATC window is open. In FSX the number keys seem to no longer work, even if the TAC window is still open. I'm only able to click the menu items. Does anybody has made the same experience? Maybe it is of importance, I'm running a German version of FSX on a German version of Vista Ultimate 32.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

using the number keys to reply works ok for me. (using usa version with winxp.) i don't have any advice about how to fix that unfortunately.cheers,-andy crosby

It works for me with Vista 64, as well.I recommend looking at your add on software to find the culprit, if you've added any. Otherwise, look at your control settings.

The ATC window has to be "focussed" to work. If it is "out of focus", it goes slightly grey. ATC will still make calls and AI aircraft will reply, but you won't be able to communicate using the window.To "focus" the window, just click anywhere on it with your mouse. Then it should work. Or else, close the ATC window and open it again, that also resets the focus. I am thinking that's your issue, but if it isn't, then there might be something seriously wrong with your set-up.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM