Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlaam

FSX Post-Install Questions

Well, I decided to install FSX after owning it for a year, but I have some questions.Is there a good place to find a list of tweaks that work in one place? Seems with RTM, SP1, and SP2, it's hard to find a complete collection. How many are worth actually worth trying? Also, I've installed SP1, but I wonder if installing SP2 is necessary? Will it give me any real problems or benefits?FWIW, I don't have any money to spend right now at all, so payware stuff is a no-go to enhance the sim, even a 30 dollar product is too much.My last question deals with a problem. Sometimes, If I open a window or switch a view the screen goes all white for a second or two. What is the problem?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, SP2 helps support your core duo. I'm not using any tweaks right now. I've tried them all, and saw almost no help. But everyones system is different. The best idea is match sliders to your system. I also don't run any add ons, except for some AI planes. Good luck.Bob

Thanks. I'm still playing with it, but I wanted some ideas on those issues. I only have maybe 2 days a week to play with her, so it's gonna be slow going.

I found the problem per a Google search that the white screen is a tool-tip issue. That's too bad, I like tool-tips for hard to read things.