Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

How do you delete/disable a FSX default airport?

Guest s0436

EDDI Tempelhof is closing on October 31st, so I want to shut down the airport in FSX and stop all AI traffic (PAI, WOAI) from flying and taking off there. I don't want to delete the airport completely, and I know you can't do that anyway.What do I do? I just want an easy and safe method.

Basically, you are going to have to find all flightplans which use the airport, and move the flights to a nearby airport and recompile the traffic files.It's a pretty big undertaking, though eventually most flight plans for AI traffic will be updated.

Guest SkullxBones

I haven't tried it but what would happen if you change the runways to closed in an airport editor?

Open the airport in an airport editor and remove the center line and "X" out the runway. Remove all the parks. There will be no more traffic.Joe W.

Disabeling the airport is easy - if you are willing to put up with the negative performance consequences.Remove all the parking spots from the airport. Remove the start locations from the runways. Mark the runways as closed on both ends. Remove the link line from the center of the runway.At all your other FS airports, you will hear aircraft cleared for IFR flights to the airport.Upon approach, the aircraft will attempt to land at the airport. They will descend and contact the tower.Then the aircraft will go around. They will go around three times before disappearing in the air.With no parking on the airport you will have no aircraft on the airport, though FS will try to load aircraft on the airport every 5-7 minutes as long as you are near the airport.About 10 minutes after an aircraft scheduled takeoff time, the aircraft will be created in the air.All this processor activity of trying to park aircraft and land aircraft at the airport is going to cause stutters on most people's computers.