Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest SuperFortress

Strange error in Vista x64

I keep seeing a very unusual error in the Vista event log. It's related to the PMDG 747. The 747 works fine so far but I was wondering if anyone knows what this error message means. Thank you.Activation context generation failed for "C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDG747400_LoadManager.exe"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Do you have the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable package installed?If not, install it.

>Superfortress,>>Do you have UAC disabled for Vista??That's the first thing I did after Vista was installed :)

>Do you have the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2008>Redistributable package installed?>If not, install it.If I recall correctly I think this was installed during the PMDG 747 installation. I'm just not 100% sure if it was the 2008 version though. I will check. Thank you.

>Do you have the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2008>Redistributable package installed?>If not, install it.I just checked and I do have it installed but it is the x86 version. I did a search and found that there is also an x64 version. Since I'm running Vista x64 should I install this x64 version as well? Thank you.