Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

TrackIR and camera views

I've been considering this addon, but I'm unsure if it will do what I'm expecting. I have created camera views for each aircraft I fly. One for the pilot, one for the co-pilot and a third as a passenger. I've assigned hotkeys to each and then use the spacebar/mouse combination to look around. If I use TrackIR will it work with all of my preset camera views? Will I be able to hotkey around like I do now but just turn my head instead of using the mouse? I appreciate any replies.Curt

Guest SIDDickDastardly

Hi Curt,TrackIR can be used with your custom "Cockpit" camera views with no problems and you can switch between them using hotkeys just as you currently do. It will also work fine with "Aircraft" views so if you switch to the Tail view you'll get an effect as if you are being towed on a rope behind the plane and you'll still be able to look around just as you can in the cockpit.The only type of views which the TrackIR doesn't work properly with are the "Outside" views like Spot and Locked Spot. With those, turning your head to one side will rotate your in-game view in the opposite direction and looking up or down has no effect. Despite this annoying niggle, though, I'd still unhesitatingly recommend the product (particularly if you play any sims involving dogfighting). Cheers,DD

Thank you for the information, DD. I appreciate it very much. Now I just need to scrape enough money together to make a purchase.Curt

I have TrackIR4 and also use custom VC camera views for allthe aircraft I fly. You may need to tweak the camera origins a bitfor use with TrackIR, depending on where your 'normal' head position is when you center the TIR view. Once done, you're set.Also, I have the TIR 'Pause' and 'Center' funtions mapped tomy HOTAS so that I can easily lock my view at a particularpoint, primarily for adjusting controls in the VC which mightbe difficult to do if your head continues to move.The 'Center' function lets me change the 'normal' head positonif I need to look beyound the normal tracking range, say way upor down.Another thing that I have done related to camera views, is to assign'HotKeys' to the camera specifications and then mapped those inthe FSX control menu. I use the #2 hat on my X-45. With a flick of my thumbI am able to move to the right seat or two otner views and backto the left seat. This makes flying from the VC a real immersiveexperience when coupled with TrackIR.I don't think you will regret the purchase :) Paul

Wide-5.jpg