Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Installing Posky 777

I'd like to try the Posky 777; however, it appears there is no installation package but there are sure a lot of files on the Posky site. How do I install these into FSX to get a flyable airplane? BTW, I've read the help on their web site but am not sure I understand yet.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

I agree it's not the most intuitive site to use. But from the Home page choose Downloads, scroll down to the 777-200 section and select the continent for the livery you want. I chose Europe and downloaded the British Airways (Union Flag) option.Install that and take it from there. I imagine it will default to the 777 panel in FS9 so if you want something a bit fancier you have to download one of the available Panel Packages from the Downloads page. Likewise with the sounds. I downloaded a sound set for the 777 from AvSim.You have to bear in mind that Posky aircraft are predominantly designed for FS9. You may need to read through their forum for FSX compatibility.Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks Ray. I'll give it a try. I notice some of the Posky planes have basic packages and then textures but the 777 has just the models. Any other tips you can give?

Hi Loop,The Basic Packages seem to offer niceties such as winglets rather than essentials. But if you download a British Airways 777 or the American Airlines one you do get the whole package with aliased panels and sounds.Once you have a 777-200 installed you then only need extra liveries. The only way of getting those is to download the whole package. You should then just extract the texture folder contents and use the aircraft.cfg in that package to copy and paste into your existing one for that new livery. Some knowledge of how to do this is assumed by Posky.Apart from that it's just a case of selecting which extras you want such as opening doors. Those are optional, not essential. Make sure you visit the 777 forum and follow the instructions for installing Service Pack 2.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,Thanks again I'll give it a try and see how I do.

Ray,Thanks for the help. Got it running with the default 747 panel. Now to fine a virtual cockpit.

Well done! Did you try those available here?http://www.projectopensky.com/downloads.ph...on=panelpackage

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather