Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Gladden

Anyone doing a GMAX "Navion" ?

Dont remember seeing one in the Sim world....even old ones...have to take a look. Great looking and flying aircraft, it was North American Aviations post-war "everyman's" P-51. I still see a number around at my local airports...think it would make a unique project.....Lots of info at these sites I just found....www.navion.com History and a New Navion being built!www.navionsociety.org/www.navionskies.comwww.wpafb.af.mil/museum/annex/an29.htm http://www.airbum.com/pireps/PirepNavion.html Nice pilotrpt....Cheers!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A Navion is on my "Too Do" list (along with a Cessna 195) when FSDS 2 Comes out with the GMax style animation and reflective textures.Brian

Hello Brian, thanks for the reply! Just checked out your site...I've got a number of your aircraft. I've been flying the Commander a lot lately...love it. Wish it had a VC and maybe a tiny more detail in the textures. Flys great!!!!I see your into homebuilts as much as I! I'm going to try in the near future do one as my first GMAX project. (learning Photoshop right now...company sponsered classes) Any chance you'll upgrade the Velocity and Lancair? FS2002 is lacking in quality homebuilt aircraft. (like your Vans...flys nice!)I'm hoping to build a real one in 10 years or so....

When FSDS 2 comes out i'll probably redo a bunch of my older designs and the Lancair and Velocity are on the top of that list. when the new program comes out I'll be so busy reworking stuff I'll never have time to fly :-lolBrian