Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Auto Throttle question

Featured Replies

Yesterday I purchased, from the MSFS 2024 Marketplace, the Textron Aviation Citation CJ3+. I was looking for a business jet that had some decent speed and I love the Garmin 3000. To my surprise, this plane does NOT have an autothrottle. I really would like to put one in this plane so I don't have to "babysit" it on a long journey. I enjoy the way this plane flies, but the autothrottle, or lack thereof, makes it so much less enjoyable to fly.

So, is there a way to put one in this jet, or a way to just set it at the speed I want it to stay at? I've tried Shift + R and CTRL +' but neither of those commands works. I would appreciate some help on this if you know how to accomplish this command in the Citation.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, spilok said:

Yesterday I purchased, from the MSFS 2024 Marketplace, the Textron Aviation Citation CJ3+. I was looking for a business jet that had some decent speed and I love the Garmin 3000. To my surprise, this plane does NOT have an autothrottle. I really would like to put one in this plane so I don't have to "babysit" it on a long journey. I enjoy the way this plane flies, but the autothrottle, or lack thereof, makes it so much less enjoyable to fly.

So, is there a way to put one in this jet, or a way to just set it at the speed I want it to stay at? I've tried Shift + R and CTRL +' but neither of those commands works. I would appreciate some help on this if you know how to accomplish this command in the Citation.

Thanks.

I have that ("Liv 2 Air") plane too, but bought it from Simmarket. Activating the autothrottle in the systems.cfg file is easy, but, unfortunately because you've bought it from the MS Marketplace, all of your CFG files are encrypted.

I'm afraid that means it's not possible to change the entry in the systems.cfg file, to activate the autothrottle.

Bill 😎
FS2024 • Currently enjoying : A2A Comanche 2024 & Aerostar • Black Square Commander 114, Bonanzas, Barons, C208, TBM850, Dukes • COWS DA40 & DA42 • FSW Legacy, C24R Sierra & C414 • Echo Falco F8L • Got Friends A32 Vixxen • FSReborn Sirius TL3000 • Flying Fries Gabriel 160TR • Flyboy Rans S6S • Skyward DA50RG • SWS Zenith CH701, RV-8, RV-10, RV-14 • Bagolu C172M & ICP Savannah. Currently flying IRL: Pipersport SportCruiser, Aeroprakt A32 Vixxen, Bristell Classic, Evektor SportStar, TL Sirius TL-3000, Rans S6LS
TrackIR • BeyondATC • PMS GTN Payware • RealTurb • Axis & Ohs
9800X3D • RTX 3080 • 64GB DDR5-6000
Former PPL IR, grounded by diabetes. Now UK NPPL(M)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.