Sign in to follow this  
Guest CRJ700FO

NASA...Air Safety Survey? What Survey

Guest CRJ700FO

>Here's a good one:>>>http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307019,00.htmlWhat do they expect with 3 straight red eye pairings. It's too bad the FAA (again they care not about safety) still has archaic "rest" laws (did you know truckers require more rest than pilots) while science has spoken regarding our bodies circadian rhythms.

Guest PARADISE

It's the FAA and the airlines both for allowing these types of schedulings. But, your right...the airlines are just abiding by the federal rules and until they're changed we are going to see more of this, if not worse.....much worseJohn

In my 15 years in ATC we always knew that sunshine was the best medicine. Bring incidents to light so everyone could learn, and for those that were walking the wrong path...change their ways before it was too late.NASA will release the survey, as they should have done alreadybthttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,307019,00.htmlDuring the hearing, NASA Administrator Michael Griffin told committee lawmakers that he could release survey information by the end of the year, although he said it would have to be "scrubbed" of certain identifying information to prevent lawsuits.He also admitted that it was a mistake to withhold the information as long as he did.In an exchange with Rep. Jerry Costello, D-Ill., Costello chastised agency officials for telling the press that the report "could have an adverse effect on the industry.""As I've said several times, that was the wrong thing to have said. I apologize that anyone in my agency did say that," Griffin said.The ASRS self-reporting site reveals details of the harrowing near disaster.A commercial pilot had recently switched schedules to flying three "red eyes" in a row between Denver and Baltimore with only one hour in between flights. On March 4, 2004, during the third late-night flight, the pilot and his first officer were approaching Denver in an A319 Airbus jet

Guest CRJ700FO

>In my 15 years in ATC we always knew that sunshine was the>best medicine. Bring incidents to light so everyone could>learn, and for those that were walking the wrong path...change>their ways before it was too late.too bad the FAA doesn't see the "sunshine" theory as they covered up all those mistakes by themselves in DFW. management blasts SLC controllers for saying please and thank you on the radio! i wonder whose worse: airline management or FAA ATC management. i guess the jetBlue'ers will learn as Russ Chew (who gutted ATC with his draconian hiring policies) is now operational chief there.