Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

mapping fs commands to the keyboard

Hello all -- Slightly off topic perhaps here, but I figure this is the best place for this question...Simply put, I'd like to learn how to map FS2002 commands which are NOT in the internal keyboard assignments.Specifically, I would like to assign a toggle for the auto-coordination to a keyboard key. I like to use my yoke as a steering tiller when taxiing acft that are bizjet-size or larger. It gives a much greater sense of realism and control. This requires that I 1)fly with auto-coord on all the time (no way!); or 2) have a quick way to toggle the auto-coord on and off (imagine going through the cumbersome menus while trying to stop the acft on the landing rollout!). On the 767 PIC, this is covered very nicely with the use of the Rt Yaw Damp switch. On other acft, though, there's no such shortcut. I have found reference guides that list the commands avaiable and give a very brief (and not very clear) explanation of how to accomplish the task. Autocoord_toggle is one of the commands, so I suspect it can be done...I just can't get it to work. I have tried editing the FS2002.cfg file with no luck. When I open FS, the commands don't work, and then when I go back into the cfg file, they have disappeared.Anyone out there have any suggestions?Thanks for your time.Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No luck with FS2002.cfg indeed.Only possibility'd be a gauge which captures that specific key, but that'd require some hardcore DInput coding, I assume.Not so complicated alternative would be just a clickable gauge, no key capturing.Etienne :-wave

Uggh...I was hoping it was something that I was doing wrong. Ok...not being one to give up, I'll go to the next step. If I were to try to make a gauge to do this, would it be a fairly simple project? I get the sense that there's a lot of programming involved which would set me back a lot. I have no gauge design experience at all, but I have done some panel re-design (mostly moving existing gauges around to more useful and/or realistic locations), so I'm not totally ignorant. If it's something I can pick up fairly quickly, I'll give it a shot. What do you think? Better yet, if you can point me towards a good tutorial on gauge design, I'll judge for myself.Thanks again.Scott

Hi,Try this one:(A:AUTOPILOT YAW DAMPER, bool) if{ 0 (>K:AUTOCOORD_ON) } els{ 0 (>K:AUTOCOORD_OFF) }(>K:YAW_DAMPER_TOGGLEJan

Scott,FSUIPC gives you exactly what you want.With the key/button programming facility of FSUIPC you can assign any (combination) of FS2002 controls to a single controller button or keyboard key.You can even make a distinction between the key/button press- and release event.Just check the FSUIPC Advanced User manual for operation.Peter's file FScontrols.zip gives you all possible FS2000/2 controls, plus a lot of explanation.Rob