Sign in to follow this  
Guest christianholmes

Good PDA? (didn't know where else to post?)

Can someone recommend a good PDA for me. I am entering the world of professional aviation and I need something to organize myself.I have been looking into the Palm TX2 and the HP 111. Anyone have any recommendations?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not an expert on the subject by any means,but Features & available software should attract you to which model you need, I will say my wife has had Palm brand for the last two units here and she's very happy with the brand. Current one is now several years old and working fine with daily use.Why not check the available software (like LogBookPRO) for whatever one you get interested in and see if that pulls you one way or another.On-line owner reviews are always good to read as well..

Well, there are many sites.. just to name a few;Amazon.comBuy.comEpinionsBizrate.comratings.netetc,etc.

Get a Palm Treo 750 cellphone- I don't care if you already have one- that is the best PDA/phone out there. Mine syncs directly with my Exchange server. If I set a calendar appointment on my phone, it shows up in Outlook seconds later, so my boss can see my appointments. Not too mention you can put WingX on it, and get a full AFD/E6B/weather radar maps/DUATS/etc. There are thousands of other programs for it. I can't think of any good reason to buy a stand alone PDA- that means you'll be carrying at least two devices that need to be charged and the PDA could only be synced when you're at your PC.Seriously, look at that phone- Blackberrys are nice too, but I think the Treo 750 blows it away. The I-Phone is nice too, but a little more gimicky- maybe the next generation one will be a little better.Oh- You can hook a GPS up to it to, and get full aviation routing- not necessary if you have a panel mount or even portable GPS (especially if you are talking about flying for a regional), but it's always nice to know you have a back up if you need one.