Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Navigraph recent discoveries

Featured Replies

Was looking for a way to import Flight plans from Navigraph and in watching a video on it, I discovered a new feature that I must have over looked for the past two years since getting the GTN750Xi Pro suite.

With the TDS GTNXi Pro and Navigraph I can automatically update Navigraph Charts but have always thought all the other charts were based on the Garmin Trainer software. So after watching that video I learned that I can also update the Navigraph DB bringing in all the current SIDs and STARs. So I'm super happy now flying IFR in the sim as both my GTN is up to date to match my Garmin Pilot app and my workload has been streamlined with not having to program in my FP to the GTN and Garmin Pilot but now just to my Garmin Pilot.

I also added the SimBrief toolbar widget which allows me to have that info in the sim without having to go out of the sim once I've started a flight. Since I also use OnAir and SayIntentions, my work flow is like this:

1) start with OnAir and created the basics of the flight, Plane, Departure and Arrival and then from within OA, I launch SimBrief. Let it create the route and make any adjustments to the flight and then generate it. That now automatically creates the flight plan file for the GTN to be imported from the GTN within the sim.

2) Import the flight to OA and make sure I have enough fuel and text SkyOps of SayIntentions to get my Clearance. While just a time ago, this was not realistic in the real world, Garmin now offers Data Comm which is a CLPDC for small GA using Garmin Xi products. So instead of getting the clearance in the GTN, I get it via text and for the world not the limited airports that offer Data Comm.

3) Start the sim and flight and import the flight plan into the GTN with just a few clicks, add any SID or STAR and the GTN is programmed. I can then open up the SimBrief Briefing Panel widget from the toolbar and use the FP to program my Garmin Pilot app.

Overall everything is streamlined and I no longer have to make multiple entries in various app and hardware to load a flight plan.

 i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU | Starlink WiFi 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.