Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

GDI and Visual cockpit

I compile SDK and modify default Boeing 747 panel.[VCockpit01]size_mm=512,512pixel_size=512,512texture=$747_1background_color=0,0,0visible=0gauge00=Boeing747-400!Standby Altimeter, 0, 113, 111, 101gauge01=Boeing747-400!Standby Airspeed Indicator, 112, 114, 111, 110gauge02=Boeing747-400!Standby Attitude Indicator, 113, 1, 111, 111gauge03=SDK!FlightMap,6, 234.....But in FS,flightMap dose not display.So,is this means that the gauge made by GDI can't display in VC? Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction. regardsszm99

Guest bartels

Nothing to help. GDI gauges after SDK don't work in virtual cockpits.Arne Bartels

Thanks for the suggestions. How about GDI+ Gauge,is it can be display correctly in VC ?

Guest bartels

It has nothing to do with GDI or GDI+. The STATICs with the "GDI enable" bit are simply not drawn in FS2002.Arne Bartels

Thank you.Is there any other way to make vector gauges for vs?

I confirm what Arne Bartels says: vectorial gauges using GDI do not appear in virtual cockpit mode. I have developed a ND gauge for my Airbus panels, which mixes bitmaps and vectors (using GDI). The bitmaps appear in VC, but not the vectors...Now the question is: How do the RealityXP (http://www.reality-xp.com) gauges work? They are vector drawn, with anti-aliasing, and they are visible in VC !!Another question: Will this work in FS2004? If you have a beta, maybe you can answer this...Eric

Maybe DirectX can do it? I am not familiar with DX. Is DirectX API can draw vector gauge just like WIN32 API?regardsszm99

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello Eric.Just in case you don't read my answer on the other thread, yes, GDI/GDI+ based vector gauges show in the VC in FS9.I do not know how RealityXP has done what they have, but the VC is one less thing for us to worry about. Now on to aa'ing all vectors without much performance hits.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Fabio,are you beta testing FSACoF? great!! does your post means that they have authorized beta testers to talk about it now and they are not covered by their NDA anymore? wow, I've a bunch of questions to ask then!!

Ahh... No, Jean, no doubt, no guess, anyway, he certainly ain't. But I know him so well that I think he knows what he talks about ;-) (< This one's for you, F

Guest JeanLuc_

Sure Etienne, thank you for the heads up! as far as I know now, even mentioning you are beta testing FSACoF is governed by the NDA, which is you are not allowed to tell. This simply is an infringement to the NDA. Food for thought!

Guest bartels

Funnily enough it IS possible to make GDI gauges like the default GPS visible on VCs in FS2002: if it is on a "lighted" texture (the ones with ..._L.bmp? I'm not VC expert, only a user) and if it is night and all lights on. OK not the solution but maybe a way to explore further.Arne Bartels

Guest Fabio Miguez

Interesting Arne, very interesting. Did you bump into this one by accident? Meaning, just playing around, doing other stuff, and noticed it?

Guest bartels

Not completely unlike usual. I knew that these nighlighted bitmaps can cause strange gauge behaviour as stated before in this forum, and so I simply tried with a VC that has this textures.Arne Bartels

I was very amazed by your post, because I have never seen a vector gauge appearing in VC mode. Romain Lucas and I have been doing several tests to have my radar gauge (GDI gauge) appear in the virtual cockpit of our Dassault Mirage 4000, and... nothing works!! :-(Even by using a lighted texture, at night, with lights ON, the radar gauge still does not appear...Any help?Thanks.Eric