Sign in to follow this  

Hey all,I was wondering if theres was a program somewhere that allowed you to preview what an aircraft would look like without loading the game. When painting planes, I find it very frustrating when I have to load and quit the game to change mismatched textures. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can keep the game loaded while checking textures....You may have noticed you can apply a repaint, but you don't see it change when you reload an aircraft. The trick--pick any other aircraft, although it should be one with a fairly complex texure scheme. Load it, then reload the aircraft you're working on. The texture changes should be there.FS seems to "buffer" aircraft textures, but after one with large enough textures is loaded, the buffer is cleared....-John

Yep. Sometimes you have to load a couple others but eventually, the buffer will no longer hold your plane and you'll get the new textures.There's a program called Aircraft Container Manager that gives previews of the 3D model with textures (you have to purchase the full version to see textures on non-default aircraft).www.aircraftmanager.comPeter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

That ACM program has a lot of nice features, like displaying the various LOD versions, geometry / contact points, etc. It can't display some models though.scott s..