Sign in to follow this  
Guest Van

Autobrake RTO

Many panels have autobrakes, with a position named RTO (rejected take-off). I thought it was designed to brake automatically if you abort your take-off. But it doesn't work this way. Maybe I missed something here...Any help ?Thanks !!Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Should actually work that way. Just pull back your thrust levers and brakes should kick in.

If you are over 80 kts and perform a rejected take off and your autobrake is set and the RTO function does not work, then that could mean you have contact point issues in your aircraft cfg. I had this problem when I took over as the FDE designer at YeoDesigns and the original designer had created multiple contact points for each wheel which made the autobrakes inop, including the RTO function. Arming the spoilers have nothing to do with your autobrakes functioning. There is also the possibility that the autobrakes are set to false in the .air file.Just a few things for you to look at.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer

Thanks for everybody's help !!I'll make further tests and let you know how it works.Eric

Eric,If you arm the speedbrake on takeoff in a real aircraft you will get a takeoff warning horn blaring in your ear until you stow the speedbrake.Regards,Chris

Yes I know, but what does that have to do with the Autobrake?...These are two different slowing mechanisms we are talking about here. The original problem had nothing to do with the speedbrakes (spoiler deployment), but rather the autobrakes (wheel braking).Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns/AFG GroupPanel/FDE Designer