Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Can one use Paint to change colors of a gauge?...

I have a transponder bitmap and I would like to change the color of the background to fit a panel I have. I'm having no success with Paint. I try to use the eyedropper in Paint and copy the color of the panel to the transponder gauge and all it does is put little specks of the color on the transponder. The only way I can even do this is to have Paint open in 2 windows and copy from the panel to the gauge. Can anyone make a suggestion?Thanks, Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Do you use GAUBMP?The bitmaps in a gauge should be 8 bits.Look for another "good" 8 bits bitmap, copy on this one the altered Transponder Background bitmap (24 bits) and save as transponder background.Then you can use this one in GAUBMP and everything must be ok.That is the way i do it.Jan"Procul Negotiis"

I do not use Paint, but sometimes I experience the same thing in Paint Shop Pro. In PSP it has to do with differnet layers. So if I only get specs painted in PSP I'm painting the wrong layer. This can be corrected by chnging the colour you want to paint from foreground to bachground v. v. I guess this will be the same or similar in Paint.I hope this was understandable :-)Wolfgang

Thanks guys. I've managed to manually paint the gauges, but I have another problem. I'm going to make another post.Problem: I have 2 different gauges which are different colors (have made them into BMP's with GAUBMP2) and when I try to fill with my custom color (MSPaint), the gauges do not turn the same color. I have exactly the following specs for BOTH gauges:Hue:157 Red:106Sat:23 Green:108Lum:111 Blue:129One gauge turns this custom color perfectly, the other is way off even though I apply precisely the same color. It's as though there is bleeding through the layer. I have it on opaque. I don't get it and need help!Thanks,Adam