Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Question on size of scenery window

I could not find this on the forum, so I'm hoping that someone can help me with this..I've "re-discovered" the Dreamfleet c172 panel with the Cardinal gauges and quite enjoy this combo, However, the main scenery window is pulled so far down that the runway is not in view. I find that if I manually drag the panel up to show me the bottom of the background, then pull the background up and lastly, pull the panel back down, all is well. I can even save this situation and re-create it that way. But if I ever switch airplanes, the C172 comes up again with the background in the origianl position.. Is there a way to define this in the cfg files?I also tried changing the "eye point" setting, but that did not seem to change anything I could see..

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Look at the bottom of your PANEL.CFG file, Bert. There'll be an entry something like this (this is from the Baron):(Default View)X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=2500Altering the "Y" setting will give you what you want. The lower the number, the higher the horizon. You'll need to experiment, unless you've got FS Panel Studio in which case setting the "default position" is a piece of cake.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Mark, thanks a bunch!Found it and it works.. now, can this also be set for other windows than the main panel? Landing panel, for example?