Sign in to follow this  
Great Ozzie

Question For End Users Re Piracy

Guest zzmikezz

Folks,Regarding piracy, in a recent post on another site I wrote as follows ...

No, of course you don't have any obligation.I've only uploaded one simple aircraft to AVSIM's forums. I'd enjoyed creating and flying it and thought I'd share it. Once uploaded, I got e-mails pointing out faults and one asking (almost demanding) that I make changes to it. Never again!

Guest bstolle

Definitely no obligation!I'm starting to build planes for x-plane again, and my target is to make them freeware, but payware quality (as I did a long time ago already with my HiFi md80).It's fun, but no obligation....RegardsBernt Capt 767

No obligation, just as those who publish under GPL or copyleft have no obligation to either.scott s..

Guest zzmikezz

Scott,The odd thing is that if I were to decide to release as freeware, I wouldn't quite do that either.I'd release under GPL or Perl Artistic and tell people to take care of their own support by downloading the sources and solving their problems themselves.

I guess something under eg GPL isn't exactly "freeware", since freeware author would normally retain all rights.scott s..

Guest zzmikezz

That's effectively what I said. GPL is open source, public domain, and this is what I meant by "not quite freeware" or whatever my exact words were. If you look at the fsOC forum over on FlightSim you will find that I

Oh hail no! No obligation whatsoever. You shouldn't give that a second thought. You created it... you deserve the "fruits of you labor" however you choose to use it. What you should be thinking twice about is how to tease your friend back (and make him re-think something!).I know there is this prevailing attitude on the Net that stuff should be free... and sure it is great when you can find something you like and it's truly free (but I call that a gift... is like Christmas time to me). I mean I know from what little programming I have done in year