Sign in to follow this  
january

A Pro opinion?

We have new neighbours in our condo- he is an AirBus A320 captain with a major airline. Yesterday I bumped into him and while chatting, invited him, if he had 20 minutes sometime, to drop by and try a check ride on my triple monitor home simulator.To my pleasant surprise, he showed up that same evening. Sat him in my 'captain's chair',showed him yoke/buttons, pedals,keyboard and then brought up FS9 on the "big screen". I think he was somewhat surprised when it opened with set up shown in the screenshot below.Nearly two hours later after he had flown every addon, I had to hint that it was getting late!! He was quite enthralled- I'm sure I'll see more of him.Interestingly, when adjusting Aircraft Realism, he thought mid range was more accurate to real flight than the max setting. I commented that a deficiency he would notice was lack of feedback on the yoke. His response was that with the fly-by-wire controls in the AirBus, there really wasn't a great amount of feedback.My neighbour had a ball with the DreamFleet Baron, ATR 72 and the PMDG 747- although the FMS was a bit perplexing first time around. Apparently quite a bit different from the AirBus.Great fun being able to chat in pilot lingo!! Made my day! Alex Reid PMDG 747 CYVR Gate 16 Ready for C'pit Pre Flighthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/185495.jpg

Neat stuff Alex. Give him a few beers. Might be good for a few outdated charts. Maybe even a tour. I have heard before that midrange for the realism is about right. I use this setting for the RFP747. I'll take some too. But use your beer though. :-hahJimCYWG

One other thing there january. If you drag those left and right screens to full screen, are you still able to make the the views the same across?JimCYWG

Hi Jim- Never been able to make full screen work properly- it always seems to get garbled- leading to a reboot. If you notice in the pic, Tool and Task bars are both hidden- key Alt or drop the cursor to bottom of the screen to activate either. In addition, the Title bar(s) colour is now dark gray with green lettering- similar to the 744 FMC colours and makes them almost unnoticeable. As well, Desktop Background is set to None- giving that charcoal gray colour to unused areas of the screens.These changes effectively give almost Full Screen viewability.Result?-no hankering here for Full Screen! Alex Reid CYYJ- where the grass is green & the rhodos are in bloom!