Sign in to follow this  
tiberiu11

FS2004 MakeMDL compilation problem

Guys, I am experiencing an awkward problem. I can not export parts smaller than 0.5 meters. If I do, MakeMDL will chrash exporting. So if I have a 0.4 meter box or a wheel, I can not get it out of gMax, 3DS Max 5, 3DS Max 6. I have everything set right, and parts bigger than 0.5 meters export succesfully. I got no clue what the problem is. I tried this on another computer, and I get the exact same problem. Thank you very much for your help in advance.Sincerely,Tibeiru Brasov

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Guys,>>> I am experiencing an awkward problem. I can not export>parts smaller than 0.5 meters. If I do, MakeMDL will chrash>exporting. So if I have a 0.4 meter box or a wheel, I can not>get it out of gMax, 3DS Max 5, 3DS Max 6. I have everything>set right, and parts bigger than 0.5 meters export>succesfully. I got no clue what the problem is. I tried this>on another computer, and I get the exact same problem. Thank>you very much for your help in advance.Is it MakeMDL crashing or is it the exporter?I've not been able to export "small parts" individually myself, but have always had to export something larger along with it. The export .dll was the problem in my case.Since I use MiddleMan and Model Commander, I am able to "stop the process," modify the .x file to remove the "larger part" and then continue the actual compile.The only reason I have to export small parts is simply to check them out in the sim without having to export a whole model! :)

Fr. Bill, Thank you very much for your help. It is MakeMDL that crashes. The trick that you taught me works great! I appreciate your help, and I thank you very much for the discovery!Sincerely,Tibeiru Brasov