Sign in to follow this  
E

What's wrong with my <Tooltip>?

Guest ptwaugh

Here's the relevant code. I'm wanting to know 2 things. a) Why doesn't changing the "action" type of a failure work? :( What is wrong with my tooltip? I want the tooltip to give the pressure in psi.

<snip...><Element> <Failures><SYSTEM_ENGINE Action="0"/></Failures> <Position X="128" Y="128"/> <Image Name="Engine_Oil_Needle.bmp" PointsTo="West" Luminous="Yes" ImageSizes="54,12,54,12">  <Axis X="92" Y="6"/> </Image> <Rotate>  <Value Minimum="0" Maximum="150">(A:ENG1 TRANSMISSION TEMPERATURE,CELSIUS)</Value>  <Nonlinearity>   <Item Value="150" X="182" Y="48"/>   <Item Value="0" X="182" Y="209"/>  </Nonlinearity>  <Delay DegreesPerSecond="2"/> </Rotate></Element><Mouse> <Area Right="120">  <Tooltip>   <String>%((A:ENG1 TRANSMISSION PRESSURE,PSI))%!02d!</String>  </Tooltip> </Area></Mouse></Gauge>

Thanks

Hi,1. read somewhere that the failure tags belong right under the value tags (fs9 feature)2. will have a look at the tooltip, wrestling myself with the strings!Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

The tooltip already is a string, so loose the definition.So eg.Pressure: %((A:ENG1 TRANSMISSION PRESSURE,PSI) )%!02d!Also note the space between the two ) )...I think that's relevant as well.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

And I just tested:IAS: %((A:AIRSPEED SELECT INDICATED OR TRUE, knots))%!d! knotsAnd that works OKFor Transmission pressure it reads 0.0000000Something in the airfile?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest ptwaugh

Yes, this variable is available in engine type 5 I believe. You might have been using a prop or something.Thanks for the help!

Thanks for this thread guys!! I was at the same place (but your thread help me to determine that my FS9 won't display a gauge if I have manually put in the degress symbol. *shrug*)

Guest HC001ST - Stick

Yeah, it would be nice if we could have a degrees symbol in there too. Use 3 "%" like this %%% to get the "%" symbol. One is to get text mode, another to "escape" the symbol, I think.

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Try using #$176 (or something similar) to display the degree symbol. Hmm, that doesn't *look* correct, and have no gauges available. Search all gauges and SDK documentation for the number 176, and something should show up.Edit; found an example I'm using using degrees:Omni Bearing Selector Knob Nav 1 (%((A:NAV1 OBS, degrees))%!d°)

>Try using #$176 (or something similar) to display the degree>symbol. Hmm, that doesn't *look* correct, and have no gauges>available. Search all gauges and SDK documentation for the>number 176, and something should show up.>>Edit; found an example I'm using using degrees:>Omni Bearing Selector Knob Nav 1 (%((A:NAV1 OBS,>degrees))%!d