Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

btacon

When even newspapers can't tell the difference...

...between a real and an fs shot, it really shows us how far our hobby has come.I was browsing the headlines when I came across this article: http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1901/reisnieuws/a...chappijen.dhtmlNever mind if you can't read the content, it's about the second photograph of the Garuda 737. If my eyes don't deceive me, that's clearly a screenshot from FS9.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They (new media/old media) choose not to specifiy that simple detail in the story.That is one of the contrasts between "old" media and "new" media. Old media had a saying that went something like this, "...if she tells you that she is your mother, check it out." These days are gone. New media is just that, new media. This topic thread is an example of new media. The link of the original poster is another. Just because you are "new media" does not make you sacrosanct. Most folks supply some background or some attributions to their claims. These guys did not. In the end, "You takes your picks, and you makes your choices."Best advice that I have heard is to remove all emotion from your subjective analysis of the story and the source. That helps you keep a modicum of objectivity; at least it works for me.Cheers,bt