Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michal

trade-a-plane, observation

For online GA airplane buy-sell I like to check controller.com and trade-a-plane. I have already been watching both sites for many months (almost a year) as a hypothetical buyer of a Lancair homebuilt. I am primarily interested in a vanilla, fixed gear, 4-seater Lancair so my primary focus was Lancair ES. Unable to really find anything in this category I noticed that really the only Lancairs that are represented in any good numbers on those sites are very high-end airplanes, either turbine powered or pressurized (or both!!) so propjets, Lancairs IV or IV-P dominate, all fairly new, very well equipped and often marked "professionally built". I found a nice ES but it was .. pressurized. I find it all pretty weird. I do have a few theories:1. Owners/builders of these really expensive Lancairs find them too expensive to maintain/insure so they dump them soon after they build them.2. They were built from the start with the quick sale/profit in mind - they offer much higher profit margin than more basic models.Your take?Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!