Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

help with G_FORCE token

I am writing a gauge in C++ that incorporates a G force display. I am reading the G_FORCE token and it returns 624 for what I assume is 1 G. What units is this token returned in?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's a very good question, as the SDK is (as usual) completely un-helpful!Looking through the Units.doc though, I note the following:Angular velocity

Well, this maybe too trivial :-) but the unit is "Gforce".It IS mentioned in the SDK (Units.doc), and does work as expected.(that is: I use it in XML gauges)Cheers, Rob

Does the XML give you numbers in the units of 1.0 = 1 unit of gravitational force? Can you share an example of the XML?Like I said, the G_FORCE token in C++ returns 624 where there should be 1.0 unit of G_FORCE.>Well, this maybe too trivial :-) but the unit is "Gforce".>It IS mentioned in the SDK (Units.doc), and does work as>expected.>(that is: I use it in XML gauges)>>Cheers, Rob>>

In XML:(A:G FORCE, gforce)returns the number of "g"s exactly as you would expect it (pos/neg), with value "1" when sitting on the ground or at leveled flight.Rob

>Well, this maybe too trivial :-) but the unit is "Gforce".>It IS mentioned in the SDK (Units.doc), and does work as>expected.>(that is: I use it in XML gauges)>>Cheers, RobWhich, while true is absolutely useless information for someone asking about the C token... ;)One simple workaround would be to simply read the XML variable into the C gauge...