Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanGrant

Event on Mouse Over? (XML)

Hi, I want to trigger an event using a mouse over. I have been through the SDKs and the FAQs, and I can't find anything on this. I have seen somewhere, a while back, something using MouseOut or MouseOver, but I have been trying everything I can think of, and I can't get it to work. I am assuming that it would work something like the MouseWheelUp Event command, but I have been out of XML for so long, I can't remember much and I am probably way off here. Basically I just want to trigger an even when the mouse is over the Mouse Rectangle area. Is it possible? If so, anyone know how?Bonus Question, is there a way I can make a vertical string? I.E. instead of reading the numbers accross, you would read them downward.Thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,1. Try "Over" (never used it)So something like: (??)2. Use FormattedText eg:%(----)%{if}%OnFnF%Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Hi,For a "mouse over" situation, you might try (not tested):... (M:Y) y1(area coord point) (relationship) (M:Y) y2(area coord point) (relationship) && (M:X) x1 (area coord point) (relationship) (M:X) x2 (area coord point) (relationship) && && if{ DOEVENT } (relationship: >= == <= etc) You may need to put a control (G/L) var to avoid firing the event continuosly while being inside the mouse area.Hope this helps,Tom

Haven't had much luck with the mouse over yet, but I haven't had enough time to really play with it. I appreciate the quick responses though and I will let you guys know if I get something working. If either of you figure something out, I am all ears

Ok, the problem I am having now is with the M:Y sections. I have never encountered this before. Lets say I want to adjust autopilot settings with the mouse over. My area is as follows: and I want this:how would that whole mouse section look? I am sorry that I am not more accute to this, but I usually keep things simple lol. This is new to me. Again, thank you for your patience and help!

Ok, I have got this working now, although I can not get it to repeat the event. It is really not that big of a deal though, so I am not to concerned. Thank you for everyones help!!!