Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Is this idea possible ? alttitude disoreintation effect

Hi thereJust a thought is it possible to have an effect in FS9 that mimics the possibility of Altitude effects in disoreintation and visual Your probably laughing now but what I want to know is like if you go over 10000 feet in a light aircraft and no oxygen and pressurization you could become dioreintated or something like that . Is it possible to say have a gauge switch or something that sets up failures blackouts etc like the g force effects, except simulating high altitude lack of oxygen. Maybe it could set up some visual distortion or something intill you hit the oxygen switch or cabin pressure switch or descend quickly to 5000ft. I'm hopeing someone is getting what I'm on about here as words and understanding of this is somewhat lacking.Thanks for listning, any feedback welcomeI personaly don't have the programing skills for this sort of stuff but maybe this might have some of you interested Cheers GregNew Zealand

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Yes that is possible and has been done.Just a matter of some programming using altitude and or pressure to activate some strange effects like zoom out (tunnel vision), to complete crash, when you fail to hit some custom (oxygen, cabin press sys) switches or descent to a proper altitude.With some timers and fake oxygen bottles you can hold a dangerous altitude for some time, but after depletion you're gone and the screen turns black and the sim re-starts.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"