Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Payware Positions

"Included below is an example of what kind of incomes you would be receiving if we release a product that is equal to or higher in quality than LDS which we plan on trying to do."What will they get if you can't do better than LDS?, or will you guarentee to pay them for their work in advance of finalising the add-on?"Also half of all the administrative work will be done by me and the president (who will also be webmaster and website designer)."Who will do the other half?"We arent newbies to FS."You've been a member of this forum since 28 July 2005, the date of your original post."We have both been playing FS for an excess of 10 years and have I myslef have been interested in aviation as long as I can remeber. I have been an active aviation spotter/photographer for 14 years. The president of this company has besically flown all over the world and has been also been interested in aviation for his entire life."So? Some other questions:Have you decided what will be your first add-on?What's its planned release date?What will be its price range?What sales are you expecting in the first and subesquent years?How often do you plan to release new add-ons after the first one?You must surely have considered these when you developed your business plan.

>"Brian, trust me when I say this... There will come a time>when you will mature sufficiently to recognize that you've>made a serious tactical error with your gratuitous insults.">>That stuff about making your day was never an insult I meant>it. You are afterall the one that said it made your day. As>I said we arent boring people that just say eaither "yes" "no">and act like we have any emotion. Seriously I was glad we>made you laugh. I dont care if you dont like us. I never>asked for everyone to agree with us but many people hav shown>interest in this venture because they want to be part af a>team that they themselves can grow with.I never claimed that you had insulted me, personally, but when you painted everyone here with the "stupid" paintbrush, I did find some flecks of your paint on my shirt...>"and keep in mind that the very people you insult here are the>ones who actually know what they're talking about..." well we>dont know anything about you as well as hopw you dont know>anythign about us likewise so I dont knwo where I can see>myself believeing that you know what your talking about...>anybody can say that.Brian, I'm a totally open book. You can search back in this very forum for the past five years and see that I've been around consistently. A visit to http://eaglesoftdg.com will establish my "bona fides" as both a GMax modeler and a C gauge programmer.I just returned a few moments ago from my company's annual trip to Oshkosh (the Experimental Aircraft Owner's Association "Airventure 2005"), where other team members and I spent a fruitful two days meeting with movers and shakers in the real aircraft industry, as well as meeting with the MSFS team members who were there.Are you familiar with the expression "biting the hand that feeds you?" Apparently not, as you seem intent not to recognize that the folks here you've been railing against are, as Shad pointed out previously, what passes for the "professionals" (be they payware or freeware) of this cottage industry.I did end my previous message with my sincere wishes for "all the luck in the world" with your venture. I daresay you are going to desparately need luck, since business acumen and gracious behavior seem to be in very short supply.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator