Sign in to follow this  
sergs

Pushback variable and controll in AI acft

Hello everyone,First of all, a little background about my question. I have been designing AI aircraft for quite a while and I'm interested in incorporating static ground vehicles into my models. I am using FSDS2. I would like these ground vehicles to:1)show up 15 minutes prior to departure and 15 minutes after arrival2)disappear when the AI aircraft pushes back (before departure).I have no problem with making (1) work since I can use Display Conditions to link their appearance to the NAV lights ON/OFF variable.However, it is (2) that I'm having trouble with. What variable can I use to determine when the AI acft pushes back? The ones that came to mind are:-state of parking brake-ground speed-some sort of pushback variableI would appreciate any help you could give me with regards to making this work. I've heard of using XML to control this, so would this be possible? What would be involved in that?Like I said, any help would be very much appreciated.Best RegardsSergs

after reading up on the subject, it seems that the creation of an XML gauge to switch ON the Recognition Lights (or any other light for that matter) just before pushback of an AI acft, and tying the Recog Lights ON/OFF status into the Display conditions of the objects in FSDS2 is the best way to do this. Would this be a hard gauge to write? What would be involved? If anyone could help me with the code for this, that would be really appreciated.Best RegardsSergs

To be perfectly honest, since AI a/c frequently don't have a panel folder, much less a panel.cfg file, I'm not even sure that any gauge would be used, even IF you provided a panel folder and panel.cfg file!I know that I can use XML code embedded in an AI's .mdl file to accomplish the task, but that option is unfortunately not available with the FSDS2 program (yet)...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for replying Bill,I was afraid about the panel not being used at all and I think you're quite right, the panel is not loaded. Shame about FSDS2 not being able to use XMl for this. Thanks for the help anyway :-)One more thing, does anyone know if any lights are turned ON when the aircraft is JUST ABOUT to push back?ThanksSergs