Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Default Gauge Light Dimming

A number of simmers I correspond with would like to know if there is someway to "dim" the back lighting in default gauges such as the Attitude Indicator, Altimeter and Situation Indicator so they are not so bright at night. In a dark 2D cabin they really are VERY bright!Or is this factor hard coded into the default gauge and thus not editable by the average user?Most of us use a "work around" by just reducing the contrast settings on our monitors but this creates its own set of problems with items such as scenery beacon lights not displaying properly.Any help or ideas would be appreciated! If some one comes out with a set of replacement default gauges they sure would make many simmers very happy.Thanks in advance for your feedback.David "Opa" Marshall

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Did you already try to change the values in the panel.cfg?Day=255,255,255Night=196,196,196experiment with:Luminous=a,b,c(I use:Luminous=150,150,150)Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

The Luminous factor only seems to change the other backlighting - not the backlighting that is in the gauges I mentioned.I wrote and uploaded a tutorial recently on that subject. It is available here at Avsim.Thanks for the feedback though.

Ha,Missed that upload, was on holiday!.If you mean the ADI, HSI and Altimeter of the default 737 then there are a few ways to change the bitmap colors.With GAUBMP2.exe or other program like RESOURCE HACKER you can extract the bitmaps from a ....gau, change the colors and reinsert them in the ....gau.See example of the 737-400 ADI tickmarks.Another way is to place in front of that gauges a new gauge, XML, rectangles with a transparancy degree.Hope it helps now,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Thanks for the ideas!One more bit of info please - where can I find the two programs you mentioned - GAUBMP2.exe and resource hacker?