Sign in to follow this  
Dietmar

My dsd_xml_sound2 Problem

Dear AllI'm having trouble getting this to work. I assume it'sprobably a configuration issue on my end, but it seemsstraight forward enough. Maybe someone can tell me what might be wrong.I looked in the various forum contributions, I tried all combinations I can think off, but with no success. I just cannot figure out what is wrong in my setup. The function I try to achieve looks qiute simple. Here is my issue.I am using dsd_xml_sound2.gau from Doug Dawson and I just want to hear a click-sound when I activate a taxi light switch in a cessna test panel. Doug's Gauge:-----------Standard: "dsd_xml_sound2.gau" placed into the main FS Gauges-Folder.The sound.wav file placed into a new dsd-folder in the main FS-Sound folder with the name dsd_xml_01.wav . Complete path: ..sound/dsd/dsd_xml_01.wavPanel.cfg entry:------------------gauge02=taxilights!taxilights, 250,50,26,43gauge03=dsd_xml_sound2!dsd_xml_sound2, 2,2,5,5 According to Dougs documentation for the use of his xml_sound-gauge no ini-File is being required. Means, the defaults should work. My XML- Gauge code--------------------The XML_code of my gauge is in a extra folder called "TaxiLights" in the main FS_Gauges folder. Complete path: ..gauges/TaxiLights/taxilights.Calling gauge code:--------------------(A:Light taxi,bool) 1 (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) 0 (>G:Var1) 1 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_id_01,number) Nothing happens. I tried various configurations , but it just doesn't work.The switch works in the panel, however there is NO SOUND to hear !! To me it seems the sound file is just not found somehow. The code looks simple, however I am by far not a XML Programmer. I just have learned the very basics. Thanks for any helpDietmar

For dsd_xml_sound2, there is only one L:var used. The default name is L:dsd_xml_sound_id. You have used dsd_xml_sound_id_01.Try revising the L:var name you are using.Doug

Hi Doug,thanks for the quick reply. My Mouse-Section looks now this (as you proposed): 1 (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) 0 (>G:Var1) 1 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_id,number) So, this was a bug on my end.However, still the same. The switch works, but NO sound ! Could you pls double check my file assignments and names. I cannot see anything wrong as far as I understand your description.Dietmar

The default path for sounds, in the absence of a config file, is the main sound folder. Put your sounds there and see if your results are any better.Doug

Doug,according to your doc the sound-file should be in the sound/dsd folder regardless whether the ini-file is in the FS Gauges-Folder or notquoteDefault valuesInitialization File: Located in the Gauges folder, named dsd_xml_sound.ini. Note that the use of an initialization file is not required. In the absence of such a file, the gauge will use default values for Lvar and sound file locations and names. These defaults are:Lvar: dsd_xml_sound_idFile names: dsd_xml_xx.wav, where xx represents the associated id number, which you will set the Lvar to in order to play the sound.File locations: Sounddsd (Folder 'dsd' contained in the main FS 'Sound' folder)end quoteAnyway, I tested both configs with the same result. Now the good news: It works, i rearly got the CLICK !! The bug ?? I tried, more or less with no hope,and changed the sound file name from dsd_xml_00.wav to dsd_xml_00 means without the .wav and BINGO! It works. So, your gau does not like the .wav in the file-name. Big surprise to me.Next thing I learned was that the leading numer for the Lvar command specifies the index for the sound file name e.g .. 1 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_id,number) triggers the dsd_xml_01 file,the ..2 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_id,number) the dsd_xml_02 file etc..So far the standard/defaults and I am happy to got it to work finally with your help.Now I am motivated to make a try with your dsd_xml_sound3 gauge. It seems much more flexible. However, I need once more help (sorry) to get this to work too.I tried the following:Same taxilight xml main code but the mouse section looks like this: 1 (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) 0 (>G:Var1) 1 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_id_01,number) Panel.cfg ----------- gauge02=taxilights!taxilights, 250,50,26,43gauge03=dsd_xml_sound3!dsd_xml_sound3, 2,2,5,5 ./Gauges/dsd_xml_sound.iniIni file standard, no changes !!Sound file in main FS sound folder means ..sound/dsd/dsd_xml_01 with the name dsd_xml_01 and without the ending .wav.The switch moves but, unfortunatly NO sound. The trouble seems now in the XML code ??? Don't know.Thanks for help in advance.Dietmar

You've got me on the docs... I just flat out missed that one.I had a look at the code, and the gauge is certainly expecting the sound files to have a .wav extension by default. You don't have Windows hiding known file extensions do you?If you are specifying sound files in an .ini file, you must specify the exact file name.Doug

Doug,no, my Windows indicats the file extension. But back to my question regarding dsd_xml_sound3. Any idea whats wrong ?????????Dietmar