Sign in to follow this  
Guest jprintz

ENUM based switches

Guest jprintz

Is there a simple way (as in one command, within the switch XML file itself) to make an ENUM based switch default to something other than 0 at aircraft load??? I need to use the same parent gauge (with the same switch logic) with 2 different panels, but I'd like the switch at enum 0 when starting up in panel one, enum 2 in the other. The more roundabout ways of doing this have not escaped me, but I really, really do NOT want to have to go back and change all the logic in the parent gauge's statments, have 2 versions, etc.... ;-) This is one of those things where I feel like there MUST be a simple, obvious answer, but it's just not coming to me right now. More likely probably is that I just haven't seen the syntax.... Anyone? Thanks!

Hi,Something like this (not tested):(L:STARTUP,enum) 0 == if{ (L:Your Panel Var,bool) ! if{ 0 (>L:Your Var1,enum) 0 (>L:Your Var2,enum) etc. etc. } els{ 2 (>L:Your Var1,enum) 2 (>L:Your Var2,enum) etc. etc. } 1 (>L:STARTUP,enum) } (L:Your Other Switch Code,enum)??Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,If what you want is to use two panel folders, both including the gauge referenced, which in turn needs to return 0 somewhere in one of the panels and 2 in the other, you could use any of the aircraft's string values that are taken from aircraft.cfgFor example, you can use ATC FLIGHT NUMBER:in aircraft.cfgfor panel 1:atc_flight_number=134for panel 2:atc_flight_number=any otherin your gauge2 0 (A:ATC FLIGHT NUMBER,string) '134' scmp 0 == ?(>L:Your Var,enum)When it is '134' will return 2 (panel 1) and 0 otherwiseJust another approach... Tom

Guest jprintz

sorry, posted reply to wrong thread!!!!

Guest jprintz

Thanks guys. I'll try those and see which is easier!