Sign in to follow this  
Au MaV

Critical Mach nose tuck

Hi Im trying to model a sharp nose down when a certain mach has been reached,This works but its a little sharp and the aircaft ends up doing a very large outside loop:D (A:AIRSPEED MACH,mach) 0.8 > if{ 10384 (>K:ELEVATOR_SET) } I thought about using the trim but as the aircaft has a very large trim handle in the VC it will be noticed :)Any ideas :)ThanksWozza

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,If what you need is a smooth application of down elevator, you can use Arne Bartel's "exponential averaging" formula (yn1=yn*D+(1.0-D)xn1) posted in this forum, for "damping" the increment.Tom

Well did a search and its over my head by a mile:)it also contains a dirty four letter word MATH UUUGGG I can here my old maths teacher now laughing aloud:DThanksWozza

>Well did a search and its over my head by a mile:)>it also contains a dirty four letter word MATH >UUUGGG I can here my old maths teacher now laughing aloudWell, I guess it is more logics than maths (indeed maths scared me bad in school time :-))You might try something like this (not tested)0.90010384 (A:Elevator Position,percent) 100 / 16383 *"D" macro is the damping force, usual values are from 0.8 to 0.95, you can experiment changing this number until get the result desired.Then, in the ,(A:AIRSPEED MACH,mach) 0.8 > @ElevPos @ElevLimit < and if{ (L:ElevPos,number) @D * 1.0 @D - @ElevLimit * + d (>L:ElevPos,number) (>K:ELEVATOR_SET) } els{ @ElevPos (>L:ElevPos,number) }Tom