Sign in to follow this  
Guest OrbitalMike

Newbie Cessna 182T/G1000 question (Pic of my plane!)

Guest patrnflyr

Forgive me for asking this as I'm new to this forum. I presently own a 2004 Cessna 182T with a G1000 and weather. I was trying to replicate this and can find nothing on either my paint scheme or the G1000. My color scheme is only one of two schemes available in '04 and the G1000 is the ONLY avionics available since '04. Is someone working on the G1000 and it hasn't been released yet? Once you've flown the glass cockpit, it's very difficult to go back to the "steam gauges". I've enclosed a pic of my plane to see if you can help. BTW, we have a G1000 simulator that is given with each plane that has all the panel on it. Could that be implemented into the sim aircraft?

The short answer to the last question is no. There's no way to use the G1000 PC Trainer in the sim.Because of the extreme complexity of the G1000, do not ever expect to see a 'freeware version' that does anything more than 'sort-of' look like the real deal.OTOH, there is at least one serious attempt underway to replicate the G1000 for flightsim. What the sales price might be is anyone's guess at this point, but I'm sure it won't be "cheap" (relatively speaking)... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi.Nice bird. As Fr. Bill says, these are very complex to simulate and may take a while before they

Not exactly the G1000, but consider trying Garmin's GNS530 sim ported to FS by Reality XP. It's amazing..... http://www.reality-xp.com/Also, There's the Avidyne equipped Cirrus if you want full glass now :) http://eaglesoftdg.com/SR20.htm I think it will be a little while before we can get our hands on a G1000 for FS...but I am confident it will happen.Danny

Guest patrnflyr

Thanks for your help. Was wondering if there was a plane with my color scheme. N numbers don't matter but I did a search and couldn't find it. There is that color scheme in the recently released AI Cessna's that I saw but don't know if it could be moved over.

Guest OrbitalMike

Couldn't the G1000 be incorporated into a panel guage in the same manner as RealityXP's GNS530? In that, they have the Garmin simulator running in the background and their guage interfaces with the Garmin sim and FS9.Of course, I wouldn't know the first thing about how to go about implementing this for real.