Sign in to follow this  
mgh

c ++ runtime error R6025 pure virtual function call

Guest ridgell

has ne1 seen this before? the only c gauges i have are doug's sound, fuel dump, and window status. or does the c++ in the error have nothing to do with c gauges?ideas??

Your royalty cheque is late and the gauges know it. Pay up!! :D Seriously though... The whole darned thing is running on C code. That error could be coming from almost anything. I don't think it's one of my gauges, but I would be a damned fool if I tried to insist that it wasn't. Try commenting the gauges out and see if you can duplicate the error.Doug

In C++, virtual functions allow derived classes to provide different versions of a base class function. A pure virtual function is one which has no body in the base class and relies on a derived class to create one. A C++ runtime error is generated if the body of a pure virtual function was never generated and somehow the application tries to call it.

Guest ridgell

1st responce, doug i did not intend to cast any aspersions on your gauges! in fact i pulled the sound gauge from a panel that does not throw this error. ( i also failed to remember marciano's radar which is a c gauge)that said it seems to be in the sound...thats my newest dsd toy, and what i have been intergrating into the cockpit when the error showed up.i tried removing the gauge, and the program ran without a hitch, but the error never did throw every time, since then i have put the gauge back and no trouble so far.i tried searching the web, and while nothing specific to fs9, there are suggestions that it could be a active x corruption.in fs9 ;i found an error handler for it in the xb-35a gaugesound.dlli opened the file in notepad...most was in unreadable code but there was a text portion;.....- unable to initialize heap R6027- not enough space for lowio initialization R6026- not enough space for stdio initialization R6025- pure virtual function call.....2nd responce...close as i can tell you are telling me something is trying to call a function that does not exist? could i be throwing the error in xml, trying to access the dsd_sound? i was under the impression that unfound vars return '0' and are otherwise ignored.

Yes. The error mesage implies that a function has been declared in one class but not created in a derived class. Somehow the application has ended up trying to call that function. In an application as complex as FS it's very difficult to trace the route to the call. Some other error elsewhere may have caused the application to take an erroneous branch that led to the call. I guess that without the relevant source code and a deugger it would be very difficult to track down its source.It's a specifically a C++ error, not a C error. I'm not sure what parts of FS are in C or C++. The gauges SDK generally refers to C and the samples/includes are all in C, except ITrafficInfo.h which is in C++. It may be pure coincidence, but ITrafficInfo.h appears to contain pure (=0) virtual functions.