Sign in to follow this  
Guest taipan_daz

Why won't this work?

Guest taipan_daz

Hi Gurus,Can anyone shed light on this. The first group shown below works fine. However, as soon as I change the code from 'uniform' to 'VORILS' it stopped working. The area is definitely visible and active, because my tooltips show up correctly, and I am in the right page according to (page_select, enum). It is exactly the same code, I am just changing a different L variable.Any ideas?Cheers.(L:page_select, enum) 92 == Increase UHF preset(L:uniform_preset, enum) 20 == if{ 0 (>L:uniform_preset, enum) } els{ (L:uniform_preset, enum) s0 1 + (>L:uniform_preset, enum) }(L:page_select, enum) 93 == Increase VOR/ILS preset(L:VORILS_preset, enum) 20 == if{ 0 (>L:VORILS_preset, enum) } els{ (L:VORILS_preset, enum) s0 1 + (>L:VORILS_preset, enum) }

I think it's because your mouse areas are identical and they're conflicting. A check may not be sufficient to deal with the conflict. I'd suggest placing your check for the page ID within the code just to see if it works. This will hose your tooltips for now, but it might offer insight into why it's not working. If it works this way (and it should), you can use similar code using if{} to check the page number for your tooltips.I do dozens of mouse areas like this for MFDs with 20 buttons each. Since there are at least 20 different pages for each MFD, it's a very effective and efficient method for me. The quit in each section prevents the code from occurring again for the same button if it happens to be assigned to another function on the target page.(L:page_select, enum) 92 == if{ (L:uniform_preset, enum) 20 == if{ 0 } els{ (L:uniform_preset, enum) ++ } (>L:uniform_preset, enum) quit }(L:page_select, enum) 93 == if{ (L:VORILS_preset, enum) 20 == if{ 0 } els{ (L:VORILS_preset, enum) ++ } (>L:VORILS_preset, enum) quit }--Jon

Hi,If I understand ok, it is only one , but you want it to work with "VORILS_preset" instead of "uniform"?In this case nothing seems to be wrong in your code. Check somewhere in your gauge(s) where you are reading (L:VORILS_preset, enum) value. If it returns 0, great chances you have a typo there.BUT, if I understand bad and there are two structures,...nothing seems to be wrong either :-)Overlapping areas should work without trouble as long as only one is visible at a time.I'd stick to the first solution as well.TomPS: I prefer to use Jon's alternate solution instead of multiple with commands, and leave this last option to the very simple cases.

Guest taipan_daz

Hi Guys,It worked. I am absolutely in your debt. Production of this gauge will rapidly improve now!I am interested in why it didn't work though. Is it something to do with the updates of the page_select, enum value? The gauge can't keep up maybe?Thanks for your help guys. I truly appreciate it.