Sign in to follow this  

Several of the VC's in FSX have flaws that are really frustrating me. Switches that don't work, knobs that don't exist, fuel selectors wrong, lights that don't work as they should (ad infinitum).Is there a way for a VC novice to fix these problems without completely destroying the world?I would hope MS would address these issues in the ??forthcoming?? patch, but I don't know.Thanks for any help.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Guest FelixFFDS

Yes - learn to model, create your own VC and replace the default VC.It's not "destroying the world" - just rebuilding it.:)As has been explained in other posts/forums, many of these "irritations" were duly reported during beta testing. Some were corrected, and as the deadlines rapidly approached, other bugs were not deemed to be show stoppers and were not dealt with. An inoperable switch here and there, etc., would not affect the overall playability of the sim, and a "patch" may or may not address these issues.Another point to consider - Even Microsoft's own market research shows that the majority of flightsimmers rarely use the default aircraft anyway.Given that FS-X allows the modelmakers to create separate interior and exterior models, I would not be surprised to see new VCs for the default aircraft coming up, either correcting the deficiencies, or providing personalized interiors to match specific variants/ real life examples.

Also, document each problem you find in detail, and send it to tell_fs@microsoft.com. They are diligently working on a patch(es) and I'm sure if you get the information in time to them, that they will fix the problems.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest 777jockey

NO! Say it isn't so! MS put out a product that has flaws!?!? :)Give it some time, and all your payware will be available for use in FSX... and then you won't have to worry about it any more.

>Also, document each problem you find in detail, and send it>to tell_fs@microsoft.com. Hello!Is that joke ? I sent them notification about "propellers corners" on many models but get:"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of itsrecipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: tell_fs@microsoft.com SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:: host mailc.microsoft.com [205.248.106.32]: 550 5.1.1 User unknown"...as answer.Andrey Tsvirenko[a href=http://www.sibwings.com/]http://www.sibwings.com/banner/dev.gif[/a]

soh-banner.png

All email sent to that address is auto-forwarded to many, many people at ACES. If one or more of them are on vacation, leave, or forget to turn off their blocking options, you will receive a similar message.That does NOT mean that "no one" received it... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator