Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

FSX engine starting...changed from FS9...how?

Does anyone have the details on what exactly changed in FSX that causes the "manual" engine starters of FS9 aircraft like the Rick Piper HS.758 and the FSDZigns L-049A Connie to no longer work in FSX? The "auto-start" ( CTL-E ) is required to start the engines of these aircraft now and I find that unacceptable. I want to go in an mod the starter gauges so that they work in FSX but I haven't been able to locate any info on just what parameters changed that cause the starters to be inopperative. If one attempts to use the manual starters, the engines will crank and wind done, repeatedly, but never start. Some parameter obviously has changed that needs to be set for the start sequence to continue. I know that one change in FSX caused some FS9 fuel gauges to always read "0". The parameter spec in FS9 was "pounds per gallon" and in FSX it is now simply "pounds".( Even though the FSX SDK still indicates that "pounds per gallon" is correct! ) I suspect that something similar has occurred with one ( or more ) of the start sequence parameters. Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,The starter in FSX works properly now, ie it remains ON when toggled (like any other toggled var) and needs to be toggled again to go OFF. In FS9 and previous versions it would become OFF after a couple of seconds, so the need to keep togglin for a succesfully start.If the gauge is XML, you should identify the code snippet that handles TOGGLE_STARTER and make the changes. If it's a C gauge, just relax and wait for the author's upgrade :-)Tom