Sign in to follow this  
Guest jfarrer@telus.net

Pulling Strings ......

Is there a parameter that returns a 'Heading' or 'Course' to Nav1 and 2?Rgds: Jeff

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have not tried, but you might want to check out VOR1_BEARING_DEGREES or VOR2_BEARING_DEGREES, resp.Cheers,Etienne

Thanks Etienne, I'm still new at this. I understand that those are token variables, but I'm unsure how to get them to display the variable as a printable string.I doubt I can simply use:%((A:VOR1_BEARING_DEGREES, degrees))%!03.0d!Haven't tried it, (have to wait 'til I get home from work), but VOR1_BEARING_DEGREES looks a lot like an event ID. Will it work as above?Rgds: Jeff

Oops, sorry. Assumed you were talking C++. In that case though I don't know the answer to to your question. Some XML guy please step in here and help Jeff out. :) AFAIK XML token variables differ from the C++ ones.Etienne

Hi,Not tested, but experiment with:%((A:NAV1 Radial,radians) (A:NAV1 MAGVAR,radians) - rddg 180 + dnor)%!03d!Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Stunning help Jan and Bob!Tried Jan's coding last night and it worked like a charm, gonna try yours tonight Bob. Got interested in Jan's code so I did a little study to see if I could perhaps understand it. I gather rddg converts radians to degrees and dnorm normalizes (whatever that means). I particularily liked the automatic mag.var. adjustment.On the other hand, the more I learn...the less I know!Thanks again guys, and Merry Christmas.