Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Click sound effects for VC switches

Guest fbnweoghnwd

OK, if you've been following my last post you know that I finally got animated switches working in the VC. So my next question is...How would I get them to make a click sound effect?

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Haven't been following your last post, and since this one doesn't contain enough of a specific question for me to answer, or info on if you are trying to do this in XML or C++, the only answer I can give is, "You program it."Whenever you post, it is best to make it stand alone, and tell us XML, or C++, and ask something giving details of what you have tried that has not worked for you.It would sort of be like asking, "How do I make a gauge?"

Guest fbnweoghnwd

Yes...a few more details would be in order.I'm using 3DS Max and the FSX exporting tools to make some clickable switches in a VC. I'm using the Attach Point tool and the Animation Manager, and for now I've been sticking with stock animations, like toggling the nav lights, battery, generator, etc.

Well you seem to be a modeller creating the actual VC whilst click sounds would be a gauge programmer's duty. ;)Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

The short answer to your question is "you can't..."...at least, not directly, since XML has no sound capability.So, you are faced with three choices in reality:1) no sound2) use Doug Dawson's DSD_Sound gauge to link XML mouse actions to sound files3) write your own custom C gauge that will link XML mouse actions to sound files

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest 67C VJPL

Four ...put a couple of small XML gauges together to add clicksounds to any animated part , light or gauge i thought to share this alternate solution . Soundfiles can be played as effects you could hijack your smoke system and add clicksounds to what ever if you coded a smoke enable variable with the part The custom effect file, sound file , an invisible gauge and one sample gauge that can be modified to add sound to all the lights and AP stuff is in the link The effect by itself can be used when added to a lighting bus and will click when turned on , the XML gauges were needed to get the effect to click both on and off and can be adapted to run on the light busses as well. For the coders amoung us this is the XML that triggers the smoke system and closes it to call the sound from the aircraft's smoke effects and is the invisible gauge. (A:SMOKE ENABLE,enum) 1 > if{ (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) ! if{ (>K:SMOKE_ON) } } els{ (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) if{ (&gtK:SMOKE_OFF) } } the following visible gauge can be adapted by changing 1 K:variable and the tooltip (G:Var1,bool)(G:Var1) ! (>G:Var1) 0 (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) (>K:SMOKE_ON)Field Lights Finished copy's of the working XML gauges are included in the link along with the .wav installation = .wav goes in main fs9 sound folder VJPL folder goes in main gauges , Effect in effects. Following is a sample panel install [Window00] file_1024=Main.bmp size_mm=1024 window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7 visible=1 ident=MAIN_PANEL gauge00=VJPL!smkst, 2,2,2,2 gauge01=VJPL!lndlo, 15,15,50,50 and your aircraft .cfg will need this [smokesystem] smoke.0 = 0,00, -0.00, 0,00, fx_noize http://www.westcoastatc.com/events/VJPLgauge.zip With FSX you can attach effects and they can run sound.......

Guest EnGauged

How about a simpler version of VJPL's solution:In your modeldef.xml, trigger the KEY_CABIN_NO_SMOKING_ALERT_SWITCH_TOGGLE event. The XML would look something like this: Hand_CABIN_NO_SMOKING_ALERT_SWITCH_TOGGLEIn the aircraft's sound.cfg, do this:[NO_SMOKING_ALERT]filename=Does that make sense? It seems more straightforward than using the effect system or a C gauge.

Guest EnGauged

>filename=Where is the name of your .wav file, of course. :)

Guest fbnweoghnwd

That sounds good, Engauged - I'll give it a try.

>How about a simpler version of VJPL's solution:>In your modeldef.xml, trigger the KEY_CABIN_NO_SMOKING_ALERT_>SWITCH_TOGGLE event. The XML would look something like this:Hi Susan! How nice of you to come out of the cave for some fresh air! :-lol :-beerchug

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator