Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

<m:event> question ....kind of

(L:groupn,enum) 0 == (* COULD HAVE BOOLED IT BUT THERE ARE 1-20 so i left it in for an easier read *) (M:Event) 'Leave' scmp 0 == if{ 0 (>L:BASE1, enum) 1 (>L:nrdw, enum) }(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 1 (>L:BASE1, enum) 1 (>L:vclick1,enum) (L:IN_UT,bool) if{ (L:latitude,enum) (>L:ins1_lat,enum) (L:longitude,enum) (>L:ins1_lon,enum) } (L:IN_UT,bool) ! if{ (L:navmas,bool) if { (L:ins1_lat,enum) (>L:waypoint_lat,enum) (L:ins1_lon,enum) (>L:waypoint_lon,enum) } (L:navmas,bool) ! if{ 185(>K:VOR1_SET) 113.20 @radioconvert(>K:NAV2_RADIO_SET)108.10@radioconvert(>K:NAV1_RADIO_SET)405.0 @adfconvert } } since the resident gurus of the moment seem to be 'tom' and 'jan' this question is for them, as part of an ongoing set of posts.re;INS system can i get away with the long 'if'y m:event above? man is it long and ugly! i have noticed alot of code is sloppy about closeing all the '{' that are opened and for the most part with out any ill effects. if the hierachy of '{' & '}' is not crucial then the code above is doomed. in addition to the device that dials in the lat/lon (previous posts)the nav computer has a panel with 10 buttons. ( there is a high and low range which means 20 button functionality) say button 1 is pushed; then if the (L:in_out,bool)switch is '1' the dialed lat/lon are stored as wpt1.if (L:in_out,bool) is '0' then pressing the #1 button will send the wpt1 data to the GPSdll as the active waypoint, or place a pre-set bunch of data into the nav radios and adf. this depends on (L:navmas,enum) another switch determining mode.( INS vs RADIO NAV ) this code is repeated 20 times, to avoid repeating it 60 times i need to nest the conditions, or nest a buch of statements i have never seen an inside of a mouse event so the nested ifs or visibles seem my only optionyour thoughts ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ridgell,>>re;INS system >can i get away with the long 'if'y m:event above? man is it>long and ugly! i have noticed alot of code is sloppy about>closeing all the '{' that are opened and for the most part>with out any ill effects. if the hierachy of '{' & '}' is not>crucial then the code above is doomed. Many times if{ els{ syntax can be avoided by using "bool maths"; I cannot say this is one of those cases though. You can search the forum for a bunch of posted examples.>>this code is repeated 20 times, to avoid repeating it 60 times>i need to nest the conditions, or nest a buch of >statements >If I was you, I would try to code a set of macros to deal with repetitive code :-)>i have never seen an inside of a mouse event so the>nested ifs or visibles seem my only option>There is no chance to insert an inside a section...>>your thoughts ?>Just posted :-)Saludos,Tom

Hi,Cannot test it, but may be a little bit more efficient:(M:Event) 'Leave' scmp 0 == if{ 0 (>L:BASE1, enum) 1 (>L:nrdw, enum) } (M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == if{ 1 (>L:BASE1, enum) 1 (>L:vclick1,enum) (L:IN_UT,bool) if{ (L:latitude,enum) (>L:ins1_lat,enum) (L:longitude,enum) (>L:ins1_lon,enum) } els{ (L:navmas,bool) if{ (L:ins1_lat,enum) (>L:waypoint_lat,enum) (L:ins1_lon,enum) (>L:waypoint_lon,enum) } els{ 185 (>K:VOR1_SET) 113.20 @radioconvert (>K:NAV2_RADIO_SET) 108.10 @radioconvert (>K:NAV1_RADIO_SET) 405.0 @adfconvert (>K:ADF_SET) (?) } } } Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

d 10 * 10000 % int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int d 10 % r 10 / int 16 * + 16 * + 16 * + r 1000 < if{ (>K:ADF_LOWRANGE_SET) } els{ (>K:ADF_HIGHRANGE_SET) }} it was in there! just had the > in the macro. cut and pasted from arne's post. thanks jan, ill give it a look see, it is certainly neater.

jan, can i use an 'els' statement ?it will not trap non qualifiers of the (M:Event) 'Leave' scmp 0 == if{....} or does the 'els' only grab from the preceeding if{} ?I never have been real clear on that.

while i still would like answer to the 'els' if that answer is no, then i think it might be time to go to a plain and seek a different button animation! the reason for the scamp= m-event.

Ridgell, els{ } will execute as long as the last stack's value is 0. No need to have an if{ preceeding, but no really useful without it...For example:els{ 1 2 + } will return 3 Tom