Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Error in default A321 aircraft.cfg file

For those who wonder why there could be some problems editing or tuning this aircraft, just have a look in the aircraft.cfg (fuel) section to the "RightMain" fuel tank parameters. This is what I have:RightMain = -6.4, 16.8 0.0, 2040,0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)Without a comma after the lateral offset (16.8), everything goes wrong. So check your file (I suspect it could be different according to the FSX version you have) and, if needed, add the appropriate missing comma :-(Herv

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good catch! It is indeed missing in the "English" RTM version...

OK JC..this is a rather difficult problem to apprehend at the sim level For further details, I will suggest you read over again the very comprehensive chapter 6 of the Naval test pilot school noteshttp://perso.orange.fr/hsors/docs/NTPS_notes.zipThe general relationship between turn rate and bank is:w = g*(Tan(theta) + Ny/(cos(theta))/TAS(w: turn rate ; theta: bank angle ; Ny:Side force load factor (=Fy/Weight); TAS: true air speed)As far as a constant bank turn is "coordinated" there is no side force and Ny=0 (see figure 6.6) ; the equation therefore simplifies to:w= g*Tan(theta)/TASIt is not easy at all to calculate in FS the side force load factor. Consequently, AFSD calculates1) the "theoretical" coordinated turn rate from bank and TAS using the above formula (bank and TAS are both easily available)2) the true turn rate (I incorrectly called "uncoordinated") , calculated from heading change and time using a precise timer (no more no less).Comparison of the 2 values gives a rough idea of the level of turn coordination.Indeed, FS aircrafts perform more or less well as regard turn coordination and unfortunately, in my experience, a centered ball doesn't always indicate a truly coordinated turn. Numerous air file variables (Cn_beta Yaw moment, Cn_da and Cn_p) and some tables probably have effects on coordination but I didn't investigate that in detail. May be Ron could comment more precisely on thatHerv