Sign in to follow this  
Guest harry3

Token for paused sim

Guest harry3

Hi!Is there any token variable to get informations about if the flight simulator is paused or not?I couldn't find any token var in my list(FS2002).Kind regards,Harry

If there is, it's thus far elluded discovery by anyone... :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Patrick_Waugh

There is a great way to detect pauses, but not sure that it works in Fs2002. I put up a tutorial on how to do it over at flightsim.com on Bill's forum.There are other ways to do it as well by looking at the ELAPSED_SECONDS, but they are a bit trickier because you have to store and check the state.Patrick

Guest harry3

OK, so is there any other way to find out if the sim is paused?I'm programming an autopilot and it shouldn't change the ruder positions while the sim is paused, otherwise the plane is totally wrong trimmed when the simulation is continuied again.The standard Microsoft autopilots don't do anything while the sim is paused. Where do they get the information from?HarryEDIT: Patricks posting is new so I couldn't see it while writing my message. I would be interrested in your workaround. I also had the idea with the ellapsed time, but I first wanted to ask here at avsim for a solution.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Harry,What version are you programming?Have you checked out the tutorials over at flightsim.com? Did that work for you?If not, do a search of this forum for ELAPSED_SECONDS and you will find a few articles to get you going.

Guest harry3

@Patrick: I can't find your tutorial on flightsim.com!? Maybe I'm blind. Could you please tell me the link!?I'm programming for FS2002.@Tom: I'm programming in C.Harry

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Harry,>@Patrick: I can't find your tutorial on flightsim.com!? Maybe>I'm blind. Could you please tell me the link!?>I'm programming for FS2002.The tutorial is [link=http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=31|here], but if you are programming for FS2002, it will do you little good as I suspect that this was not yet implemented then.You really need to get the updated SDK. FS2002 was years ago and we are two versions down the road. Anything you develop will likely not be fully compatible and have issues with FSX.Good luck.

Guest harry3

Hi!Thanks, I've found it now.As you said before, it isn't possible in FS2002.The reason why I'm using the FS2002 SDK is that I'm using FS2002. Yes, there are people (like me) who are still using that old sim ;-) Regards,Harry

Guest harry3

Working with the elapsed time works fine://-----------------------------------------------------lookup_var(&mv_elapsed_seconds);elapsed_seconds=mv_elapsed_seconds.var_value.n;if(elapsed_seconds>elapsed_seconds_alt) pause=0;else pause=1;elapsed_seconds_alt=elapsed_seconds;//-----------------------------------------------------Harry