Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

Questions on FS9 sound.

Guest DigiFlight

Hi guys,I am used to record my landings and I do have some great fun watching the videos. But there's one thing weird. Even in tower view I still hear the sound of the speedbrake being extended (at touchdown) and the voice calling "80 knots." That's totally unreal.Is there a way to solve these problems other than switching off/on them on the PMDG menu? I mean fixing it by editing the sound config file.Thanks in advance!Silvestre

This is absolutely normal. I know this because the Airbus Series I have developed work exactly the same way. The reason is that the sppedbrake sound and the callouts are not aircraft sounds (they are not stored in the "sound" folder and are not known by FS). These sounds are played by the panel gauges, which ignore the fact that you are in spot or tower view. This is not a bug...Eric

Hi,In FS9 it is rather easy to avoid playing cockpit sounds when in spot view. It is necessary to make the gauge play the sound only when the current view is 2D or VC. I've used this approach fom my APU sounds, in the inverse way (audible only in spot view).Tom