Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Barber Pole Resetting

Hey!Wondering if there is any way to move the Barber Pole to a higher setting? Would I find the setting in the .air or .cfg files? It's set now at 245 and I would like to raise it to 265.TIASteve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>>>> Wondering if there is any way to move the Barber Pole to a higher setting? Would I find the setting in the .air or .cfg files? It's set now at 245 and I would like to raise it to 265.<<<

Hmmm. I fear your last comment is the case since I can find no reference to the Barber Pole anywhere at all. I also tried the 'max_mach' to no avail.Thanks for the quick reply Douglas!

Hi,Tested it once and had this result:Changing in aircraft.cfg (Reference Speeds)....max_indicated_speed=340max_mach=0.86 to 0.70did lower (A:BARBER POLE MACH,mach) to 0.7 and also (A:AIRSPEED BARBER POLE,knots) to 290. Reducing max-ind-speed to 280 leaving max-mach 0.86, did decrease (A:AIRSPEED BARBER POLE,knots) to 280 and (A:BARBER POLE MACH,mach) to 0.68.So there is influence between both values.(Reading:%((A:BARBER POLE MACH,mach))%!2.2f!% %((A:AIRSPEED BARBER POLE,knots))%!2.2f!)Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

>>>>Hmmm. I fear your last comment is the case since I can find no reference to the Barber Pole anywhere at all.<<<