Sign in to follow this  
dragonflightdesign

Hi guys, GOt a question about external lighting.

Guest blazingcessna

I would like to separate my light commands. I have just enough experience in panel design to make myself dangerous! :D What I would like to do is used the existing switches and create a new lighting sub-panel on my overhead panel. I am using the SGA MD-90, downloaded for the DVA website. What I want is separate beacon, nav, and position lights. Is this possible or will I run into any FS9 limitations. One big question is how do I bind then to a switch/keystroke. Any help will be appreciated.Brian

It's possible as there are separate events for those in FS9. As for binding to a keystroke... you can only do that if the command is in FS's list of possible commands.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hi BrianThis is my second attempt to reply, so it might be a bit shorter than the first.... grrrr.The short answer is that you cannot connect into the existing gauge, but I guess you know that.If you created a new lighting subpanel that you wish to display over the existing subpanel, you may run into the problem whereby the existing code intercepts a keyboard command to switch the lights. In this case, your new panel would be overdrawn by the existing one. However, if the existing lighting panel has its own entry in the panel.cfg file, you can delete this and substitute your new one. The disadvantage of this arises if the existing code relies on an electrical bus being active to allow the lights to come on; you will lose this functionality.Trapping keyboard events is easy; see sd2gau23.zip.-Dai