Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Aircraft.cfg [Flaps] sections effects

Hi all,We noticed a few years ago with Ron (how time flies..), that FS9 didn't take into account (as regard resulting lift and drag effects) more than the first 4 flap sections (e.g flaps.0 to flaps.3). Any additional sections (flaps.4 and higher) seem to have no measurable effect. My questions are:1) What is your knowledge about that in FSX?2) If such sections are still ignored, why did some designers (an example is the PMDG 747 model) include them?Thanks for the feedbackHerv

Hi,Yes, I ran into this at that time and posted on the Avhistory site.The DH Comet4 I was working on has two sets of flaps with different position settings and I wanted to set the lift and drag parameters separately as well as controlling the physical movements. In the end I had to combine the 2 sets of flaps lift and drag calculations.I'll test extra sections tonight in FSX and let you know.Chris

Hello again HerveWell, PMDG aren't daft. We can definitely add more sections in FSX. I've only tried adding one but the effect was quite clear - I cloned my Drag settings to flaps.4 and nearly fell out of the sky!I don't know how many can be used but I shall now try another 2 as I originally planned all that time ago CheersChris

Guest Douglas K

>>>>We noticed a few years ago with Ron (how time flies..)<<<>>>1) What is your knowledge about that in FSX?<<<