Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nickpike

TRANSPONDER AVAILABLE

Hi all,Anyone know the proper use of the XML variable(A:TRANSPONDER AVAILABLE,bool)?I have a working radio, but this variable does not change.I wanted to activate the 'R' on the radio to show it is replying to a radar query. I thought TRANSPONDER AVAILABLE might go to 1.Any ideas?cheers,Nick

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I haven't testet this, but would assume it only tells us if the aircraft has a transponder (declared in aircraft.cfg, Radio section, Transponder.1=1 ).

>Hi all,>>Anyone know the proper use of the XML variable>(A:TRANSPONDER AVAILABLE,bool)?>>I have a working radio, but this variable does not change.>>I wanted to activate the 'R' on the radio to show it is>replying to a >radar query. I thought TRANSPONDER AVAILABLE might go to 1.>Any ideas?>>cheers,>NickOk... there is no variable in FS that indicates whether the transponder is "active" or not. We always have to fake that when we create gauges. We usually use a timer to cycle the "R" indicator.TRANSPONDER AVAILABLE seems to be a silly variable... since it's only purpose is to tell you whether there's a transponder installed in the aircraft.