Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

Modeling Software

If this subject appears twice, I apologize-my browser service seems to be going intermittent this weekend.After finally downloading the latest SDK and reading through it, it appears to suggest that only 3ds Max is suitable for creating the true "FSX SP2" aircraft models. This is a $3500 program according to the home website. Is the (free) gmax 1.2 no longer usable for creating models?This is an academic question on my part; my main interest is in Flight Dynamics. However, if a $3500 program is necessary for modeling, I can better understand why the Payware guys are asking up to $100 U.S. for a copy of their products.Regards,Thrakete

No, GMax v1.2 is still available from http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax as is the registration code to install...The FSX Gamepack compiler for GMax is included in the FSX SDK1a, SDK2 and SDK Acceleration.In addition, Abacus sells FSDS, the latest version of which is pretty much fully-qualified to produce true FSX model content.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Bill. It was the wording in the latest SDK that gave me the wrong impression. The statement at the end of the 3ds Max discussion is pretty positive, but the discussion on what gmax will do in FSX SP2 modeling is less "enthusiastic" I guess I would say.By the way, nice job on the Navion.Regards,Thrakete